Konnichiwa from beautiful Japan!
We’re in Kyotot today, hanging in the hotel for a few hours, because it’s raining outside and our legs are tired from all the site seeing and traveling :). Perfect timing for an update on the blog..
About one-and-a-half weeks ago, we started our holiday in Tokyo and we fell in love with it right away: colourful people (everyone you see has it’s own unique style), beautiful shrines, modern but not ‘Western’, busy but not chaotic etc etc.
Here are some (okay a lot of) pictures of our first day, enjoy!
* view from our hotel window, good morning Tokyo!
* Picking out a man to spend the day with (I chose Frank, in case you were wondering ;))
* first temple/shrine (first of many many many)
* colourful Harajuku!
* wishing tree (It was part of a beautiful temple, but we were most impressed by the tree….must be because there are no trees like this in Dubai :))
* First Japanese food (too bad you can’t see Frank’s face: he loves it!)
* Cherry on the cake: this beautiful couple: just married! :)
As you can see: lots of first/good impressions and lots of pictures on our first day in Japan. It has been such a wonderful experience so far…can’t wait to post some more! (if I ever find the time to make a selection out of all my photos….pfff ;))